UCF Knights Vs. Tulane Live UpdatesFootball — By Matt Fontana on November 21, 2009 at 2:34 pm Tweet
UCF vs Tulane- Nov 21st
- Sorry for the late start, technical difficulties. UCF leads 7-0 on a 50 yard touchdown run by Brynn Harvey. The most tenured Knights are being honored today at Brighthouse for senior day.
- (1st Quarter 10:36) UCF forces Tulane three and out on their first possession.
- (1st Quarter 10:28) AJ Guyton fair catch, UCF starts on their own 6 yard line
- (1st Quarter 10:00) 18 yard pass from Hodges to Aiken, UCF first down
- (1st Quarter 9:04) Harvey breaks out consecutive runs of 9 and 26 yards bringing UCF to the Tulane 45
- (1st Quarter 7:45) Guyton breaks several tackles on a third down pass to pick up 8 yards and a UCF first down
- (1st Quarter 7:11) Rocky Ross makes his first catch in his final home game as a Knight. Gain of 11, first down UCF.
- (1st Quarter 6:32) First and goal UCF at the 6
- (1st Quarter 4:00) Third and goal at the 3 yard line. Brynn Harvey tackled at the 1 yard line. Looks like O’Leary’s going to go for it.
- (1st Quarter 3:38) Brett Hodges tackled for a no gain on 4th down. Turnover, Tulane ball at their own 1.
- (1st Quarter 3:26) Nearly a safety. 2nd down Tulane on their own goal line.
- (1st Quarter 2:45) Josh Robinson commits pass interference on 3rd and 11 on a jump ball, first down Tulane. Not a smart play by the freshman corner.
- (1st Quarter 1:06) Sack and forced fumble by Darius Nall on third down. Tulane recovers.
- (1st Quarter :20) 77 yard punt by Ross Thevenot for Tulane. Returned 19 yards by Guyton to the UCF 25 yard line.
First quarter Recap: UCF- 7 Tulane- 0 Brynn Harvery had a 50 yard touchdown run early in the first as the Knights jumped out to a early 7-0 lead. UCF squanders an opportunity on the goal line later in the quarter. Brynn Harvery has 107 yards after one quarter of play.
- (Second Quarter 13:06) Brenden Kelly reception of 17 yards for a Knights first down to the Tulane 40
- (Second Quarter 11:56) 9 yard reception to Rocky Ross gives UCF a first down at the Tulane 30.
- (Second Quarter 10:35) On third a 6 from the 26 Hodges finds Ross again for 16. First and goal UCF at the 10 yard line
- (Second Quarter 9:10) Brett Hodges intercepted at the 1 yard line by Philip Davis. Returned to the Tulane 40. For the second time in the game UCF faced a goal to go situation, and for the second time failed to put points on the board.
- (Second Quarter 7:00) Henderson rushes for 9 yards to the UcF 38. 3rd and 1 for Tulane.
- (Second Quarter 6:44) Reggie Weams intercepts Griffin in the end zone on a jump ball. Weams’ first career interception. First and ten Knights at their own 20.
- (Second Quarter 6:02) 3rd down and 7 at the 23. H0dges pass caught by Guyton. Gain of 19, first and ten at UCF 42. Knights now 5-7 on third down.
- (Second Quarter 5:06) Acrobatic catch by Kamar Aiken moves UCF into Tulane territory
- (Second Quarter 3:01) Hodges sacked on third down by Shane Delery. Loss of 7. Clingan’s punt is returned to the Tulane 15
- (Second Quarter 2:29) 1st and ten, Darius Nall sacks Griffin for the second time today. 2nd and 12.
- (Second Quarter 2:19) On 3rd and 12 Griffin throws to Jeremy WIlliams incomplete. Thevenot drops the punt, Ronnie Weavers recovers for the Knights deep in Tulane territroy. 1st and goal UCF at the 4.
- (Second Quarter 1:31) Touchdown UCF. Brynn Harvey 2 yard touchdown run. Cattoi’s extra point is good. UCF -14 Tulane -0
- (Second Quarter 1:19) O’Leary calls timeout. Tulane ball 2nd and 9 on their own 32
- (Second Quarter 1:09) Thevenot punts to Guyton. First and ten Knights at their own 33 with one minute left to play and no timeouts
- (Second Quarter :34) Hodges goes deep to Aiken, but the ball slips through his hands. After another incompletion, Clingan comes on to punt. Tulane ball on their own 30 with 34 seconds to play.
- (Second Quarter 0:00) Griffin takes a knee and runs out the half
Second Quarter Recap: UCF -14 Tulane -0. UCF is dominating this game early. The Knights lead in first downs by a 13-4 margin. They are also dominating in total yards 263-41, especially rushing yards where they lead 122 to negative one. The Knights have nearly doubled the time of possession battle 19:49-10:11.
Despite outplaying the Green Wave both on the field and on the stat sheet, the Knights are only up by two scores after wasting two scoring drives that ended within the ten yard line.
Brynn Harvey has 14 carries for 116 yards and two touchdowns, but only 9 yards in the second quarter. Brett Hodges is 13-21 for 141 yards.
- (Third Quarter 14:56) Tulane begins the quarter with the ball on their own 21
- (Third Quarter 14:10) Third down conversion for Tulane. First and ten at the Green Wave 36
- (Third Quarter 13:00) Justin Boddie comes on a corner blitz, sacks griffin and forces a fumble. Ball recovered by Travis Timmons. First and 10 UCF at the Tulane 13.
- (Third Quarter 12:28) Brynn Harvey picks up 11. First and goal at the 2. TOUCHDOWN UCF. Brynn Harvey runs it in from two yards out for his third touchdown on the day. UCF- 21 Tulane- 0
- (Third Quarter 10:45) 3rd and 5 for Tulane on their own 28 after a nice tackle by Reggie Weams. The Green Wave convert, first and ten at the 35.
- (Third Quarter 10:40) Josh Robinson intercepts Grifiin and returns it to the Tulane 29. First and ten UCF. Robinson’s fifth interception ties him with Joe Burnett for most by a freshman
- (Third Quarter 10:37) TOUCHDOWN UCF. Hodges throws 29 yards to Kamar Aiken. Extra point good, UCF- 28 Tulane- 0
- (Third Quarter 10:30) Kemal Ishmael forces a fumble on the ensuing kickoff, Ronnie Weaver recovers for the Knights. First and ten UCF at the Green Wave 22. The play is under review.
- (Third Quarter 10:30) The ruling on the field stands. UCF ball.
- (Third Quarter 10:24) Jonathan Davis rushes 22 yards into the end zone, but the play is called back on a hold. 1st and 6 at the 18.
- (Third Quarter 9:35) TOUCHDOWN UCF. Hodges finds Aiken again for a 16 yard TD. Extra point is good. UCF -35 Tulane -0. UCF has scored three touchdown in the second half before the midpoint of the third quarter.
- (Third Quarter 9:24) DJ Banks returns the kickoff 47 yards for Tulane to their 48
- (Third Quarter 7:38) Corey Hogue stops Tulane short on third down. Thevenot’s punt downed at the UCF three yard line.
- (Third Quarter 5:57) Three Jonathan Davis runs leads to a first down. First and 10 at the 18.
- (Third Quarter 4:50) Davis picks up another first. The freshman runs like a pinball, bouncing off defenders.
- (Third Quarter 3:18) Guyton picks up 10 yards and another first down, then follows it up by almost making an impressive grab downfield. 3rd and 8 Knights at the 43. Hodges throws to Aiken for 10 yards and picks up the first.
- (Third Quarter 1:27) UCF enters the red zone after an Adam Nissley reception. Jonathan Davis pushes the ball to the Tulane 11 yard line.
- (Third Quarter :47) TOUCHDOWN UCF. Jonathan Davis runs for 9 yards for his second career TD. Extra point is good, UCF -42 Tulane -0
- (Third Quarter :41) Tulane begins the drive on their own 6 yards line after a muffed kickoff. Joe Kemp is the new QB for the Green Wave.
Third Quarter Recap: UCF -42 Tulane -0. Maybe the Knights most impressive quarter of the season. They scored four touchdowns and forced three turnovers to put the game pretty much out of reach. The UCF offense and defense have simply outmatched the Green Wave.
The Knights have nearly 400 more yards of total offense then Tulane, including a rushing difference of more than 200 yards.
- (Fourth Quarter 14:57) UCF stops Tulane on third down. Jonathan Davis returns the Tulane punt to Green Wave’s 25 yard line. Rob Calabrese is the new QB for UCF
- (Fourth Quarter 12:24) Ronnie Weaver brings the ball inside the ten after a Rob Calabrese first down. Knights are now 8-12 on third down.
- (Fourth Quarter 11:33) TOUCHDOWN UCF. Calabrese throws a TD to Brendan Kelly. UCF- 49 Tulane -0
- (Fourth Quarter 10:05) Suavo pushes Tulane back four yards on third down. Tulane converts on fourth down to the UCF 35
- (Fourth Quarter 8:06) Andre Anderson fumbles 25 yards backwards recovered by Kemp. 2nd and 35 at the Tulane 40
- (Fourth Quarter 7:30) Jonathan Davis calls fair catch on the Tulane punt at the UCF 13. Im heading down to the field and press conference now Knights fans, but check back after the game for a full game recap including quotes from the press conference