An overhaul on the University of Central Florida Student Union and its food court will cause several popular restaurant spots to close.
Restaurants such as Corner Cafe, Asian Chao, Huey Magoo’s (reopened), Nathan’s Hotdogs, Pizza Hut, Q’Doba (Summer only), closed within the past year. New restaurants have been chosen although they will be opened as portions of the Student Union project reach completion.
To accommodate fewer dining options, the university has agreed to contracts involving Gringos Locos (Knights Plaza) and Pollo Tropical (RWC area), as well as food trucks near Memory Mall.
— UCF Knight News (@UCFKnightNews) August 16, 2017
UCF has released the Fall Student Union dining options for the semester.
The Fall dining options for the entire semester will be as follows:
- Boar’s Head Subs
- Huey Magoos
- Smoothie King
- Mrs. Fields
- Knight Stop
- Café Bustelo
- Two food trucks located between the Union and Memory Mall daily – UCF will be pushing out more information about the food trucks daily through social media.
In a survey completed by students, the top results of new restaurant choices for the Student Union:
- Asian: Panda Express
- Bakery/Café: Einstein Bros. or Au Bon Pain
- Burgers: Steak and Shake
- Chicken: Pollo Tropical suggested for RWC restaurant
- Pizza: Papa John’s
- Mexican: Qdoba
- Salad: No preference
- Sandwiches: Which Wich or Firehouse Subs
- Snacks: No preference
- Coffee: No preference
- Varied Menu/Sit-Down Restaurant: Chili’s
- Convenience/Drinks: Tropical Smoothie or Smoothie King