Xero Gravity Action Sports LLC plans to bring snowboarding, surfing and X-games fans to Central Florida with an extreme sports resort planned for Kissimmee, just 4 miles east from Celebration.
The $309 million Action Sports & Entertainment facility will offer numerous sports-related activities and facilities including:
- A five acre surf pool with up to 10-foot waves
- A boogie boarding area
- A 25,000-square-foot- indoor/outdoor skateboard park
- A USA-BMX sanctioned race track
- Two skydiving pods
- A 20,000-square-foot- indoor dodgeball trampoline arena
- A rapid river
- A 140-foot rock climbing wall
- Zip lining throughout the park
- Two 14-story waterslides
- Jump zones offering 20-to-120-foot free falls
- An interactive 4-story climbing/zipline/ropes challenge course
- A 14-story ski and snowboard mountain with nine snowing tube lanes
- A snowball fight arena
The resort will also offer a 250-room Hyatt branded luxury hotel with a rooftop pool and bar, a 2,000-seat amphitheater, swim-up bars and grottos, swimming pools, cabanas, a day spa, retail and training facilities, restaurants and sports bars and the International Action Sports Hall of Fame, said the release.
The project still requires approval from the Osceola County Government, who will look over details such as the 1,000 new jobs it will host as well as the estimated $1.97 billion taxable sales that it will bring in over a ten year period. The project will also draw in a projected 1 million annual visitors. If the project is approved, it will be expected to open in 2018.
“Our company is creating the next step in the tourism sports industry,” said Larry Walshaw, the company’s founder and chief executive said in a release. “We are developing a one-of-a-kind sports and entertainment resort which provides unique hands-on experiences. We will be hosting televised pro and amateur competitions, think X-Games, with sports shows and clinics, and we will have daily competitions at all venues for visitors who like to compete.”