Thanks to a $25 million We Rise and Conquer Initiative started by UCF Athletics, the university’s main campus will see brand new amenities.
These new facilities and beautification projects will benefit both students and athletes, as well as fans who arrive on campus for gameday of any sport.
Of the $25 million, $10 million have been raised as of February 24, 2017, according to UCF Athletics.
Ken Dixon’s $5 million donation, the largest by an alumnus in UCF’s history, pushed project plans closer to reality.
“With more than $10 million committed to our $25 million facilities vision, our goal is to build the best Athletics Village in the nation. Thanks to Ken Dixon’s gift of more than $5 million, we’ve taken a major step in that direction,” said Director of Athletics Danny White.
The Facilities Project full list of improvements includes:
- $5 million in enhancements to the Kenneth G. Dixon Athletics Village
- $2 million in Football Operations Expansion/Athletics HQ
- $2 million to the John Euliano Park Baseball Expansion/Renovation
- $1 million to the Garvey Center for student-athlete nutrition
- UCF Basketball Excellence Center
- UCF Athletics Plaza and Promenade
- UCF Student-Athlete Recovery Cove
- Nicholson Fieldhouse Enhancements
- Video Boards at UCF Baseball, Softball, Soccer and Track Complexes
- UCF Track and Field/Soccer Complex Enhancements
“That’s our vision for UCF Athletics. I believe — and I know you believe — we can be a Top 25 intercollegiate athletics program. But it takes more than belief,” White says. “It takes resources.”
“With your support, we can create the positive impact that will provide an even brighter future for UCF Athletics and our student-athletes. Charge On!,” the Director of Athletics said in a statement.
Included in the spending pool will be money earmarked for an expanded Carl Black and Gold Cabana, Field Cabanas, new student sections. Rewards, gifts, and special access to donators have been outlined on the We Rise and Conquer website.
Photos courtesy of UCF Athletics Communications.