UCF’s Presidential search announced their 8 Semifinalists today. These candidates now have one week to prepare before their interviews with the 15-member search committee.
Here are the 8 Finalists:
- James Dean- Ph.D., currently a professor at North Carolina Kenan-Flagler business school. He earned his Ph.D. from Carnegie Mellon University.
2. Kelvin Droegemeier- Ph.D., currently the vice president of research at the University of Oklahoma. He is also the Cabinet Secretary of Science and Technology under Governor Mary Fallin in Oklahoma. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois.
3. Suresh Garimella- Ph.D., currently the vice president of research and partnerships at the University of Purdue. Suresh Garimella received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkley.
4. Venu Gouindaraju- Ph.D., currently the vice president of research and economic study at the University of Buffalo. Venu Gouindaraju earned his Ph.D. from the University of Buffalo.
5. Mark Kennedy- currently the President at the University of North Dakota. Mark Kennedy received his MBA from the University of Michigan.
6. James Weyhenmeyer-Ph.D., currently the vice president of research and economic development at Georgia State University. He received his Ph.D. from Indiana University.
7. Dale Whittaker- Ph.D., provost and executive vice president at the University of Central Florida. He received his Ph.D. from Purdue University.
8. Matthew Wilson- JD, currently president (interim) at Akron University. Earned his JD from Temple University.