KnightNews.com got tips this morning that fire rescue units were at the Pi Beta Phi house.
A UCF spokesman sent us this update this afternoon: “Orange County Fire Rescue responded to the Pi Beta Phi house soon after 10 a.m. this morning after a report of smoke coming from a dryer in the laundry room. All of the residents were evacuated safely, and the fire was quickly extinguished. UCF police and the state fire marshal assisted at the scene. The house could reopen today. If it does not, UCF Housing and Residence Life will assist students who need a place to stay on campus.”
We checked with Orange County Fire Rescue, and they say a dryer caught fire around 10 a.m. No one was reported injured, and firefighters stuck around to make sure the minor fire didn’t spread.
It did cause some attention on Greek Park, however.
KnightNews.com’s Alyssa Metsky snapped the photos of the response.