University of Central Homecoming revealed the year 2016’s theme and headliner at noon on Wednesday at the Heart of Campus.
Ludacris and Bebe Rexha will headline ‘Celebrate the Knight’ along with comedian Nick Swardson to lead a week of festivities at the nation’s largest university by undergraduate population, and second largest by population overall.
A remake of how Skit Knight and the introduction of Knights Got Talent give UCF students the center stage in showcasing their skills and talents.
Homecoming Executive Director Daniel Kleiman summed the excitement UCFHC organizers expressed in the lead up to the reveal.
“We are so excited to share UCF Homecoming 2016 with campus,” Kleiman said. “We are always striving to appeal to the majority of the student body, and with the introduction of Knights Got Talent and our comedy and concert artists, I think we do just that. We can’t wait to ‘Celebrate the Knight’ with everyone in October.”
Twelve-thousand student tickets will be distributed for Concert Knight and Comedy Knight from Sept. 26-30, with more information available on both at ucfhc.com.
A schedule of events has been released by UCF Homecoming:
- Ticket Distribution – Monday, Sept. 26-Friday, Sept. 30 – Various locations. Students are able to pick up both a Comedy Knight and Concert Knight ticket with a valid UCF student ID.
- Kidz Carnival – Sunday, Oct. 9, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Lake Claire. Kid-friendly event featuring games and booths from various organizations across campus. Free admission.
- Comedy Knight – Monday, Oct. 10, 8 p.m. – CFE Arena. Headlined by Nick Swardson and featuring Marina Franklin. One free ticket per student at ticket distribution. Tickets for the general public are $25 and available through Ticketmaster and at the CFE Arena Box Office.
- Coin Wars – Tuesday, Oct. 11, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Student Union Patio. Homecoming teams compete to raise the most amount of money through the collection of “silver” coins – nickels, dimes, and quarters. Dollar bills count negatively towards teams and pennies are neutral. All proceeds benefit Knight-Thon, UCF’s dance marathon.
- Movie Knight – Tuesday, Oct. 11, 7:30 p.m., CFE Arena. Come out and enjoy some popcorn as Homecoming screens Finding Dory. Free admission.
- Knights Got Talent – Tuesday, Oct. 12, 7 p.m. – CFE Arena. Inspired by “America’s Got Talent,” students can audition for Knights Got Talent for a chance to compete at the event. Free admission.
- Concert Knight – Wednesday, Oct. 13, 7 p.m. – CFE Arena. Ludacris headlines the show with Bebe Rexha in support. One free ticket per student at ticket distribution. Tickets for the general public are $25 and available through Ticketmaster and at the CFE Arena Box Office.
- Spirit Splash – Friday, Oct. 14, 1 p.m., Reflecting Pond. Join 15,000 of your closest friends and run into the Reflecting Pond to snag one of Homecoming’s prized rubber ducks. Free admission.
- Fireworks – Friday, Oct. 14, 9 p.m., Memory Mall. Quickly becoming one of the week’s most popular traditions, UCFHC welcomes the UCF and Orlando community to campus for a spectacular firework show. Free admission.
- Football Game – Saturday, Oct. 15, TBA, Bright House Networks Stadium. Cheer on the Knights to victory against Temple! Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at halftime. Note: Homecoming Court voting opens Monday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m.
Knight News will be covering UCF Homecoming Week for Knights and alumni. Follow us on social media (@UCFKnightNews) for the best coverage of UCF Football and all of the events.
The Office of Student Involvement put together UCF Homecoming and hosts programs, services, and opportunities all year! Learn more about them here.
The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) at the University of Central Florida provides quality programs, services, and leadership opportunities that enrich students’ academic endeavors. Students and staff collaborate to explore various paths that encourage personal growth, promote civic responsibility, embrace differences, and connect students to the campus and the community. OSI supports more than 600 registered student organizations (RSOs) as well as the Campus Activities Board (CAB), Homecoming, Knights of the RoundTable (KoRT), Late Knights, Student Government Association (SGA), Volunteer UCF (VUCF), Knight-thon, Rosen Life, Graduate Outreach, Regional Outreach Services, and Knight Camp.