Last season, tailgate reservations on Memory Mall for the University of Central Florida’s first home football game booked within minutes.
This season, Knights on the Mall has increased the available number of spots from 250 to 330 – eighty spaces more than the previous year, likely due to the opening of grassy areas following the completion of Global UCF. The increase allows for a greater fan experience and access to Memory Mall tailgating for groups looking to reserve a space near the heart of campus.
Reservations for these spots open on the Sunday prior to each home game at 6 p.m., according to university officials. Complimentary parking passes for Parking Garage-H will be given to students who reserve a tailgate space courtesy of the Student Government Association.
In the event that fans do not check in once three hours until kickoff has begun tailgating spots will become available to students and alumni.
New to this year, large water coolers purchased by the Student Government Association will be set up around Memory Mall and refilled through the day for fans to use for free.
Tailgate reservations on Memory Mall for UCF Football’s September 3 season opener at Bright House Networks Stadium go live on Sunday, August 28 at 6 p.m. and are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Spaces can be selected by students and alumni for free although the individual who reserves the space for the group must be the one to check in on game day, the university has said.
Reservations can be accessed on the Knights on the Mall website.
Knight News will provide game day updates from the university and UCF Athletics as they come in. Check back for more Scott Frost and player coverage on Monday at noon.
Knights on the Mall has included a Frequently Asked Questions for fans ahead of game days:
When can I reserve my space?
- Reservations for each home game will open at 6 p.m. on the Sunday evening before the game.
- UCF’s first home game will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 3, against South Carolina State. Reservations for that game will open at 6 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 28.
Can I sign up for a specific space?
- Yes. Generally, student spaces will be in the sections closest to the Student Union and the middle section of Memory Mall. Alumni spaces will be in the section closest to the CFE Arena.
Can I make a reservation for the full season?
- No. Reservations for each home game will be taken separately.
Can I reserve more than one space per game?
- No, you may only reserve one space per game. Those who are current students and also alumni may choose which space they want to reserve once reservations are open. Anyone who signs up for multiple spaces will have all of their reservations voided.
What is included with my reservation?
- Your reservation guarantees you a designated tailgating spot on game day. You must provide your own tent and other tailgating gear. Student reservations include a complimentary parking pass for Garage H. Details for picking up your pass will be provided in your confirmation email after you reserve a space.
What happens if I register and later determine I cannot attend the game?
- A link to cancel your spot will be provided in your confirmation email. Cancellations must be made by 5:00PM on the last business day leading up to the game. No shows on game day can result in the suspension of future reservation privileges.
ON GAME DAY:
When can I check in?
- Check-in will begin one hour before the start of game day activities on campus. Visit the Game Day website for additional information about the times when tailgating activities begin for Knights’ home games.
Who can check in, and what do I need to bring for check in?
- The individual who made the reservation must be present to check in for their group. Students will need to bring their UCF Student ID, and alumni will need a valid photo ID.
Where do I go when I arrive?
- Check-in locations are now located in all three sections of Memory Mall. You will arrive at the section where your tailgate spot is located, indicated by the letter (A, B, or C) in front of your spot number. Staff will be available on game day to help you find your check-in area as well as your spot.
How early must I check in to keep my space?
- You must check in no later than three hours before kickoff. Any spots not checked in at that time will be released for standby students and alumni.
How do I get a space on game day if I don’t have a reservation?
- Unreserved spaces will be available to students and alumni on a first-come-first-served basis starting when check-in begins. Students and alumni wishing to reserve spaces on game day should report to the Section B check-in tent.
Can I drop off my gear by Memory Mall before parking?
- Yes, you may do so by the CFE Arena side of the Mall on Gemini Boulevard North. Drop-offs must be done quickly, and please ensure that whoever is entering the mall with your gear is the individual whose name is on the reservation so he or she can check in.
How will I find my space?
- Spaces will be numbered and marked with reserved signs. Staff will walk you through to your space upon check-in.
Can I bring my grill?
- Yes. Propane grills are preferred, however, barrels will be supplied throughout the mall for disposal of charcoal.
Where can I find UCF’s tailgating policies?
- Visit the Game Day website. Violations of tailgating policies could lead to the suspension of future reservation privileges.
What should I do when I am done tailgating?
- Please clean up your area and enjoy the game!
Where can I call for more information before game day?
- Students and alumni can call the Student Union Event Services office at 407-823-3677 or email email@example.com.
Where do I go if I have questions on game day?
- We will be monitoring the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and @UCF_KOTM social media on game day.