On Tuesday morning, the University of Central Florida Police Department swore in five new officers, some UCF alumna, while promoting four officers.
Four new hires come from the classroom and will serve as patrol officers, paired with other patrol officers to get hands-on experience in the field:
- Brad Piersall, a UCF alum and former intramural sports referee
- Marjorie Chilan, a UCF alumna and former UCFPD intern
- Jon Stanley, who lived in England and Australia before settling in Central Florida
- Gregg Nelson, who served in the U.S. Navy for eight years
Commander Darnell Hill, the fifth new hire who will oversee the patrol division, will join UCF PD after 26 years of service with the Orlando Police Department.
The four UCF PD members who were promoted were:
- Christine Gigicos, promoted to major
- Scott Freeman, promoted to commander
- Amelia Bray, promoted to sergeant
- Matt Scott, promoted to corporal
Police chief Carl Metzger conducted his first ceremony as chief. Metzger took over for Richard Beary after the former chief retired Spring 2018.
“Personnel play a critical role in supporting my goals for UCFPD’s continued press toward professionalism, progress, and innovation,” Chief Metzger said.
“I’m excited about the future contributions our new hires will make, and I’m grateful for the continued dedication of those who were promoted. Their collective experience, diversity and enthusiasm will strengthen the department and enhance our ability to serve the UCF community.”
Photos: UCF News & Information